Category:Checker Motors Corporation
Jump to navigation Jump to search
defunct Kalamazoo, Michigan-based vehicle manufacturer
|Location||United States of America|
|Founded by|| |
|Dissolved, abolished or demolished|| |
- Checker Cab Manufacturing Company incorporated May 1922 to own and merge these businesses:
- Commonwealth Motors Corporation (Commonwealth cars. Mogul taxis) and
- Markin Body Company provided bodies
- The first Checker cab was the 1922 model H
- 1958 renamed Checker Motors Corporation — taxi production ended July 1982 and focus on parts business
- 1989 CMC Kalamazoo
- 1999 New York's last in-service Checker Taxi was retired on July 26, 1999 (because of emission controls)
- 2009 January CMC filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection
- 2009 November demolition of plant began
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Checker Motors Corporation"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Checker Motors Corporation badge (30638919986).jpg 1,500 × 1,105; 443 KB
- Checkermotoslogo.png 511 × 506; 14 KB
- Checkermotoslogo.svg 500 × 500; 232 bytes