Category:Cherry Street Hotel

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The building housed the former Canary diner at the intersection of Front and Cherry Streets in Toronto, Canada. It was first constructed in 1859 (Joseph Sheard, architect), with additions built in 1869 (William Irving, architect), 1890 (David Roberts Jr., architect) and 1891 (Sproatt and Rolph, architects). The building originally served as a school, later the D'Arcy Hotel, and the Cherry Street Hotel commencing in 1906. The wing along Cherry Street was constructed in 1923 for Canadian National Railways. The surrounding industrial buildings were mostly demolished for a failed urban renewal plan in the 1980s, but the surrounding area will be redeveloped as part of the West Don Lands neighbourhood.

Media in category "Cherry Street Hotel"

The following 74 files are in this category, out of 74 total.