Chikkamagaluru (Kannada: ಚಿಕ್ಕಮಗಳೂರು) is one of the 30 districts of Karnataka, India. Chikmagalur (Chikkamagaluru) is the district headquarter. Chikkamagaluru is where coffee was first cultivated in India. The mountains here which are a part of theWestern Ghats containing hill stations like Kemmanagundi and Kudremukh, as well as waterfalls like Manikyadhara, Hebbe, Kallathigiri. Chikkamagaluru district has a rich history as is seen in the Hoysala temple at Amrithapura. Wildlife enthusiasts would be interested in the Kudremukh National Park and Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary present in this district.
district of Karnataka, India
|Instance of||district of India|
|Location||Mysore division, Karnataka, India|
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- ► Mullayanagiri (2 C, 33 F)
- ► Tunga River (5 C, 45 F)
- ► Yagachi River (1 C, 5 F)
Media in category "Chikkamagaluru district"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Lake Reflection (111020727).jpeg 2,048 × 1,536; 357 KB
- Pepper Plant In Rains (170262911).jpeg 981 × 2,048; 600 KB
- Sagir Ahmed or Dabdabe Falls.JPG 4,608 × 3,072; 10.61 MB
- Samse-Shree-Ganga-Plantation.jpg 3,000 × 1,879; 2.21 MB
- Swaroopyathiraj.jpg 1,200 × 1,600; 1.61 MB
- TLGP - MYS Pass. (38802094641).jpg 5,184 × 3,456; 11.16 MB