Category:Chippewa (ship, 1861)
- Type: Screw steam gunboat, Unadilla class
- Built by: Webb & Bell shipyard, New York City.
- Launched: 14.09.1861.
- Commissioned: 13.12.1861.
- Length: 48 m
- Beam: 8.5 m
- Draft: 2.9 m
- Main engine: 2 × 200 IHP 30-in bore by 18 in stroke horizontal back-acting engines; single screw
- 1861 Named: CHIPPEWA
- 10.1862 Sent to Gibraltar to keep watch on the Confederate Cruiser Sumter and remained in that area until April 1863.
- 07.1863 Bombarded Fort Wagner, near Charleston.
- 05.1864 Took part in expeditions up South Carolina coastal rivers.
- 12.1864 and 01.1865 Participated in the capture of Fort Fisher, N.C. Her activities in the Cape Fear area continued until March, when she went to the James River, Virginia, for patrol duties.
- 24.06.1865 Decommissioned.
- 30.11.1865 Sold
Media in category "Chippewa (ship, 1861)"
This category contains only the following file.
- USS Chippewa (1861).jpg 740 × 196; 56 KB