Category:Church of the Immaculate Conception and Clergy Houses
The Church of the Immaculate Conception and Clergy House at 406-412 East 14th Street between First Avenue and Avenue A in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City were built by Grace Church (Episcopal) in 1894-96, designed by J. Stewart Barney of Barney & Chapmen in French Gothic style, to be the free Grace Chapel and the connected Grace Hospital. The chapel had stained-glass windows by Clayton & Bell and Henry Holiday. In 1943 both buildings were sold to the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, and were converted for the use of the Immaculate Conception Church (founded 1855) as a sanctuary and Clergy House. The buildings are on the National Register of Historic Places and are NYC landmarks. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), From Abyssinian to Zion (2004) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Media in category "Church of the Immaculate Conception and Clergy Houses"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- WTM3 NYU FC 2 0065.jpg 1.18 MB