Category:Church of the Nativity (Manhattan)
The Church of the Nativity at 44 Second Avenue between 2nd and 3rd Streets in the East Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1970, replacing an 1832 Greek Revival church originally built as the Second Avenue Presbyterian Church, and sold in 1842 to become the Roman Catholic Church of the Nativity. The design of the original church is attributed to Alexander Jackson Davis, James H. Dakin and James Gallier of the firm of Town & Davis. The modern replacement was designed by Genovese & Maddalene. The new building has been called "Starkly institutional" and "a modern architectural cartoon." (Sources: From Abyssinian to Zion (2004) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Media in category "Church of the Nativity (Manhattan)"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Church of the Nativity.jpg 622 KB