Category:Church of the Village (Manhattan)
The Church of the Village, at 201 West 13th Street and Seventh Avenue in the Greenwich Village neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City, was built in 1931 and designed in Colegiate Gothic style by Louis E. Jallade. The United Methodist parish was founded in 1833, and had a previous sanctuary at 50 Seventh Avenue, which was re-named in 1896 the Metropolitan Temple. That building was modernized in early 20th century, but burned down in 1928, to be replaced by the current building. In 1939, the parish merged with the Duane Methodist Episcopal Church (founded 1797) and was re-named Metropolitan-Duane United Methodist Church. The church is located within the Greenwich Village Historic District. (Source: 'From Abyssinian to Zion (2004))
This category has only the following subcategory.