Category:City of Seattle (ship, 1888)
- The side-wheel ferry steamer City of Seattle was built at Portland in 1888 for the Oregon & Washington Ferry & Navigation Co.
- Sold to the Benicia & Martinez Ferry Co. and towed to California by the steam schooner William Chatham.
- The Oregon & Washington Ferry & Navigation Co. was the subsidiary of the West Seattle Land & Improvement Co., which had operated the ferry service primarily to carry prospective customers across Elliott Bay to view property which the company had for sale there. As the land was bought up and the extension of the street railway system made the ferry operation less attractive, the company suspended service for some months in 1913, arousing a great outcry from the citizens of West Seattle.
Media in category "City of Seattle (ship, 1888)"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- City of Seattle (steam ferry).jpeg 534 × 338; 64 KB
- Steam ferry CITY OF SEATTLE, Puget Sound, ca 1891 (LAROCHE 222).jpeg 898 × 500; 46 KB