From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Classical antiquity — also the Classical era, Classical period, or Classical age.
- A broad term for a long period of cultural history centered on the Mediterranean Sea, comprising the interlocking civilizations of ancient Greece and ancient Rome, collectively known as the Greco-Roman world.
- It is the period in which Greek and Roman society flourished and wielded great influence throughout Europe, Asia Minor, the Middle East, and North Africa.
Latina: Res classicae.
This category has the following 24 subcategories, out of 24 total.
- ► Classical antiquities in the Hermitage (5 C, 11 F)
- ► Classical antiquity collection in the Museo del Prado (2 C, 7 F)
- ► Classical Greece (3 C, 2 F)
- ► Classics (7 C, 1 P, 27 F)
- ► Hellenistic age (15 C, 17 F)
- ► Italic (3 C, 3 F)
- ► Late antiquity (20 C, 29 F)
- ► Medals of antiquity (2 C, 3 F)
- ► Nudity and classical culture (2 F)
- ► Old age in antiquity (3 C, 16 F)
- ► Sports in classical antiquity (4 C)
Media in category "Classical antiquity"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- MB15.000.D105.jpg 8.53 MB