Category:Clonmel Friary

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Coat of arms of Ireland.svg This object is indexed in the Archaeological Survey of Ireland under SMR No. TS083-019003-
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerDatabase record.

Deutsch | English | Français | Italiano | +/−
Coat of arms of Ireland.svg This object is indexed in the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage of Ireland under the registration number 22117076
Geographic information system of the National Monuments Service: Historic Environment ViewerMain record.

Deutsch | English | +/−
English: Clonmel Friary was founded in 1269 as house of Franciscan Friars, dissolved in 1540, and reopened in 1827 on the original site. While the medieval tower survived, the ruined church was demolished c. 1760 and then not restored but newly built in 1883–1886 under the direction of the architect Walter Glynn Doolin.

Subcategories

This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.

Media in category "Clonmel Friary"

The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.