Category:Close-in weapon system
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: A Close-in weapon system (CIWS) is a last ditch naval point-defense weapon for detecting and destroying incoming anti-ship missiles and enemy aircraft that have penetrated the outer defenses).
type of point-defense weapon system
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- Counter rocket, artillery, and mortar (3 C, 3 F)
- Close-in weapon system guns (14 C, 6 F)
Media in category "Close-in weapon system"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Defense.gov News Photo 091208-N-7280V-094.jpg 1,500 × 2,107; 1.19 MB
- Palma CIWS at Caspian Cup-2015.jpg 550 × 390; 218 KB
- USS Carney conducts a live-fire exercise. (23459530479).jpg 4,928 × 3,280; 1.73 MB
- USS Monterey (CG 61) fires a CIWS. (8938604929).jpg 2,607 × 1,734; 702 KB