Category:Coats of arms of Brazilian baronies
This category assembles the coats of arms created for the barons of the Empire of Brazil (1822–1889). It is not guaranteed, however, that all blazons created during the First Reign are here, since the registries of this period were partially destroyed, and much that is known nowadays is a result of later researches. The coats of arms are named after the highest rank achieved by the first noble that received each blazon. Many arms were shared by different titles, but were not transmitted hereditarily. Most of these arms are based on arms of Portuguese families, since the majority of the Brazilian aristocracy had Portuguese ancestors. The Brazilian heraldry presents, nevertheless, some French influence, due to the active presence of some French artists in the country, like Debret, Taunay and Boulanger – the second and last king of arms of Brazil.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► SVG coats of arms of Brazilian baronies (115 F)
Media in category "Coats of arms of Brazilian baronies"
The following 7 files are in this category, out of 7 total.
- Brasao Amparo.jpg 250 × 311; 35 KB
- Brasao Barao de Tres Serros.JPG 4,288 × 3,216; 3.69 MB
- COA 2o Barao de Iguape.png 156 × 179; 56 KB
- Brasao osorio1.jpg 334 × 278; 82 KB
- Brasao osorio2.jpg 415 × 389; 86 KB
- Brasão barão de Paty do Alferes.JPG 461 × 576; 181 KB
- Brasão barão de Paty do Alferes.png 454 × 567; 75 KB