Category:Coliseum Theatre (Washington Heights)
The Coliseum Theatre at 4261 Broadway at the northwest corner of West 181st Street in the Washington Heights neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1920 as a vaudeville house, and was designed by DeRosa & Piera. At the time of its opening, its 3,500 seat capacity was considered to be the third-largest in the United States.
In the early 1980s, the original marquee was taken down, and the building was divided up into three movie theaters, one utilizing the orchestra seats, and the other two divided between the mezzanine seating. Later, the downstairs theatre was converted to retail space, leaving the building a duplex theatre. It closed, but them re-opened as a quad cimena, which then closed in 2002. In 2004 it re-opened again under the name "New Coliseum Theatre", which was later changed to "Coliseum Cinemas". It ceased operation in 2011, but a neighborhood drive was reported to convert it into a local cultural center. (Sources: , , and .)
Media in category "Coliseum Theatre (Washington Heights)"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.