Category:Congressional Space Medal of Honor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The Congressional Space Medal of Honor has only been awarded to a very select group of astronauts. Despite the medal's name, the President awards this medal based upon recommendations from the NASA Administrator. Congress authorized the the President to "award, and present in the name of Congress, a medal of appropriate design, which shall be known as the Congressional Space Medal of Honor, to any astronaut who in the performance of his duties has distinguished himself by exceptionalIy meritorious efforts and contributions to the welfare of the Nation and of mankind." For more background information on this prestigious award, see the relevant section of the public law and of the Code of Federal Regulations.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Congressional Space Medal of Honor"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Armstrong Awarded Space Medal of Honor - GPN-2000-001863.jpg 2,995 × 2,632; 4.1 MB
- CongSpaceMedal.png 179 × 296; 8 KB
- CongSpaceRib.png 442 × 125; 1 KB
- President Reagan Presents Medals - GPN-2000-001679.jpg 2,935 × 2,319; 8.3 MB
- Space medal of honor + McAulif.jpg 1,808 × 2,316; 2.18 MB
- SpaceMOH.jpg 287 × 600; 138 KB