Cooch Behar was really a beautiful township. While it was ruled by the Kings they planned this town in a unique manner. The roads are all straight. Trees were planted along with the roads. Now-a-days we all speak about environment. But More than hundred years back the rulers of Cooch Behar were well aware of environment problems. Huge number of ponds were dug within the township in different areas. Not only environment, the rulers of this princely state were very much interested in promoting education among the residents. Standard schools for both boys and girls were established. During that period of time, in the latter part of nineteenth century education for girls were really rarest of things. Cooch Behar being situated in a remote corner standard education system for the girls was really unthinkable. But the enlightened rulers of Cooch Behar had the guts to provide education not only for the boys, but for the girls too. A standard college, Victoria College was also established. First three Principals of this college were British educationists. The first Indian Principal of this college was the eminent scholar philosopher and the teacher of Dr. Sarbapally Radhakrishnan, Acharya Brojendranath Seal. This very attitude shows how the rulers here used to care for education. These rulers were all lovers of sports also.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Cooch Behar"
The following 63 files are in this category, out of 63 total.
- Abnsealcollege.jpg 222 KB
- Bara devi.jpg 1.4 MB
- COB airport.jpg 251 KB
- COB airport1.jpg 217 KB
- COB airport2.jpg 294 KB
- COB airport3.jpg 242 KB
- COB airport4.jpg 379 KB
- COB airport5.jpg 312 KB
- Cooch Behar District Court.jpg 1.44 MB
- Cooch behar dm office.JPG 1.94 MB
- Cooch Behar Power House.JPG 1.19 MB
- Coochbehar hpo.jpg 523 KB
- Coochbehar Raschakra.jpg 746 KB
- Coochbehar royal seal.jpg 117 KB
- Coochbehar stadium.jpg 371 KB
- Indoor Stadium @ Cooch Behar.jpg 1.44 MB
- OriginOfKochDynasty.png 33 KB
- Ranjbari (1).jpg 41 KB
- Ranjbari (3).jpg 60 KB
- Sagar Dighi, Coochbehar.jpg 3.7 MB
- Seal of Koch Bihar.jpg 67 KB
- Seal of Koch Bihar.png 243 KB
- Sitai.cob.jpg 427 KB
- Torsa in coochbehar.JPG 2.19 MB