Category:Corridor in the Asylum
Corridor in the Asylum is a watercolor gouache that Vincent made during his stay at the Saint-Paul Asylum in Saint-Rémy-de-Provence, France. The painting is in the collection of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York.
Jan Hulsker thought it was probably executed in October 1889 at a time when Vincent spent some weeks without canvas or an adequate supply of oil paints because of a delay in an order he had made (the "watercolor" is in fact diluted oil paint). Other editors have placed it as executed around May or June, sent as a kind of report on his surroundings to his brother Theo, while yet other editors place it as late July while Vincent was recovering from his mid-July attack of mania . There is no mention of the work in Vincent's surviving letters.
The work is given full colour reproductions in both Hulsker's and de la Faille's catalogue raisonnés (colourplate XXXVII JH1808 and colourplate p. 590 F1529 respectively). Related works are F1530 The Vestibule of the Asylum and F1528 Window of Vincent's Studio at the Asylum.
Painting by Vincent Vang Gogh (MET 48.190.2)
|Carica un file multimediale|
|Raffigura||corridoio, uomo and archway|
|Luogo||Metropolitan Museum of Art, Manhattan, New York, Stati Uniti d'America|
|Numero di inventario|
|Data di fondazione o creazione|
- ↑ Colta Ives; Susan Alyson Stein; Sjraar van Heugten; Marije Vellekoop (2005) Vincent Van Gogh: The Drawings, Category:New York: Metropolitan Museum of Art, p. 322 ISBN: 978-1588391650.
File nella categoria "Corridor in the Asylum"
Questa categoria contiene 7 file, indicati di seguito, su un totale di 7.
- Corridor in the Asylum MET DP108505.jpg 2 977 × 3 824; 2,76 MB
- Corridor in the Asylum MET DT365509.jpg 3 140 × 4 000; 3,37 MB
- Corridor of Saint-Paul Asylum in Saint-Rémy - My Dream.jpg 2 541 × 3 272; 9,39 MB
- Van Gogh - Korridor im Hospital Saint-Paul.jpeg 1 902 × 2 508; 2,99 MB
- Vincent van Gogh - Corridor in the Asylum.JPG 2 914 × 3 767; 7,25 MB
- Vincent van Gogh - Corridor in the Asylum.jpg 2 977 × 3 824; 2,75 MB
- Vincent van Gogh’s famous painting, digitally enhanced by rawpixel-com 6.jpg 1 921 × 2 500; 4,79 MB
- Paintings by Vincent van Gogh, Saint-Rémy 1889
- Drawings in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Watercolor paintings by Vincent van Gogh in the Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Works by Van Gogh of Saint-Paul-de-Mausole
- 1889 paintings by Vincent van Gogh
- Hospitals in art
- Corridors in France
- Psychiatric hospitals in France
- Interiors paintings by Vincent van Gogh
- Watercolor paintings by Vincent van Gogh by title