Category:Crenshaw Christian Center East
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Crenshaw Christian Center East — at 1 West 96th Street on the corner of Central Park West, in Manhattan, New York City. Originally built as the First Church of Christ, Scientist, it was reopened in 2001 by the Ever Increasing Faith Ministry, based in Los Angeles. In 2003, the original congregation, which had moved to the Second Church of Christ, sold the building to the ministry. The building was designed by Carrere & Hastings in the style of Nicholas Hawksmoor (a combination of English Baroque and French Beaux-Arts detailing), and was built in 1899-1903, and features stained-glass windows by John LaFarge. It was designated a NYC landmark in 1974. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.), From Abyssinian to Zion (2004) and "About Us: The Facility" on the Crenshaw Christian Center East website)
Media in category "Crenshaw Christian Center East"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.