English: A crystal skull is a model of a human skull made out of clear quartz crystal. A modern legend claims that there are 13 crystal skulls worldwide, of which five have actually been found (althought none of them was found in documented archaological foils), which have purported mystical powers and are of ancient origin. Such claims remain unproven: recent analysis on some of these artifacts found traces of 19th century instruments to carve them. In fact, new skulls carved from crystal are made and sold regularly. People who believe in the psychic power of crystal skulls say that the skulls are a center of radiant psychic energy and have the power to increase happiness and improve people's lives just by being held, handled and spoken with; others have suggested that crystal skulls can be used like crystal balls, to aid divination.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Crystal skull (British Museum) (23 F)
Media in category "Crystal skull"
The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.
- Crystal skull in Musée du quai Branly, Paris.jpg 1,832 × 1,832; 1.52 MB
- Crystal skull.jpg 586 × 600; 58 KB
- Italia, teschio in cristallo di rocca, 1550-1600 ca..JPG 2,036 × 2,360; 2.73 MB
- Mexico City 2015 103.jpg 3,456 × 5,184; 4.2 MB