Jump to navigation Jump to search
policy intended to impact the arts, language, heritage, or diversity
English: cultural policy is the area of public policy-making that governs activities related to the arts and culture. Generally, this involves fostering processes, legal classifications and institutions which promote cultural diversity and accessibility, as well as enhancing and promulgating the artistic, ethnic, sociolinguistic, literary and other expressions of all people – especially those of indigenous or broadly-representative cultural heritage. Applications of cultural policy-making at the nation-state level could include anything from providing community dance classes at little-to-no cost, to hosting corporate-sponsored art exhibitions, to establishing legal codes (such as the U.S. Internal Revenue Service’s 501 tax designation for not-for-profit enterprises) and political institutions (such as the various ministries of culture and the National Endowment for the Humanities and the National Endowment for the Arts in the United States). Similar significant organisations in the United Kingdom include the Department for Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS), and Arts Council England.
This category has the following 12 subcategories, out of 12 total.
- Cultural assimilation (16 C, 2 F)
- Cultural diplomacy (3 C, 8 F)
- Cultural policy in Germany (4 C, 2 F)
- Identity politics (17 C, 5 F)
- Kevin Vincent Mulcahy (2 F)
- Religion and politics (20 C, 15 F)
- Social constructionism (10 C, 4 F)
Media in category "Cultural policy"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Anton Biebl 2019 - 01.jpg 6,000 × 4,000; 2.96 MB
- Anton Biebl 2019 - 02.jpg 4,000 × 6,000; 2.98 MB
- Cover of the 2018 UNESCO Global Report "Reshaping Public Policies".jpg 10,111 × 13,229; 3.75 MB
- Cultural Sector Demand Impact.png 633 × 502; 56 KB
- Cultural Sector No Subsidy.png 458 × 358; 27 KB
- Cultural Sector Supply Impact.png 583 × 456; 52 KB
- Círculos concêntricos cultural.png 1,280 × 1,024; 37 KB
- Evolução das politicas culturais.jpg 1,863 × 489; 238 KB
- Küppers Hans-Georg 0602.jpg 3,162 × 2,212; 1.63 MB
- La Biennale de Dakar comme projet de coopération et de développement.pdf 1,239 × 1,752, 341 pages; 6.78 MB
- Moden day intergration.png 555 × 612; 436 KB