Category:Dames of the Order of the Starry Cross
The Order of the Starry Cross (or Order of the Star Cross/Star Cross Order; German: Sternkreuz-Orden) was founded by Eleanora Gonzaga of Mantua, dowager empress of the Holy Roman Empire, in 1668. This all female order was confirmed by Pope Clement IX, June 28, 1668, and was placed under the spiritual management of the Prince Bishop of Vienna. Only high-born ladies could be invested with the Order, including “princesses, countesses, and other high nobility.” Once invested, members were to “devote themselves to the service and worship of the Holy Cross, and to lead a virtuous life in the exercise of religion and works of charity.”
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
- ► Princess Sophie of Bavaria, Archduchess of Austria (1 C, 1 P, 29 F)
- ► Archduchess Elisabeth Marie of Austria (1 P, 20 F)
- ► Archduchess Gisela of Austria (25 F)
- ► Isabel Maria of Portugal (8 F)
- ► Margherita of Savoy-Aosta (1 F)
- ► Archduchess Maria Amalia of Austria, Duchess of Parma (1 P, 25 F)
- ► Maria Anna of Sardinia (16 F)
- ► Princess Maria Antonia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (1 C, 1 P, 26 F)
- ► Maria Karolina Ferdinanda of Austria (3 F)
- ► Maria Leopoldina of Austria (1 C, 1 P, 29 F)
- ► Infanta Maria Teresa of Spain (1 C, 14 F)
- ► Maria Theresa of Austria (1816–1867) (12 F)
- ► Maria Theresia of Austria-Este (1817–1886) (1 C, 6 F)
- ► Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria (2 C, 1 P, 27 F)
- ► Marie-Louise of Austria, Duchess of Parma (7 C, 1 P, 66 F)
Media in category "Dames of the Order of the Starry Cross"
The following 20 files are in this category, out of 20 total.