David James Shearer, MBE (born 1957) is New Zealand politician and former humanitarian worker. He spent nearly 20 years providing aid to civilians in some of the world's worst war zones including Somalia, Rwanda, Liberia, Kosovo, Afghanistan, Lebanon and Iraq. In 1992 Shearer was named (together with his wife) as New Zealander of the Year by The New Zealand Herald. The following year he was made a Member of the British Empire (MBE) in the British New Years Honours list. In 2009 he won the Mount Albert by-election becoming a Member of the Parliament of New Zealand for the Labour Party. In 2011 he was appointed Leader of the Opposition and Leader of the Labour Party.
New Zealand politician
|Date of birth||28 July 1957
|Member of political party|
Media in category "David Shearer"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- David Shearer 4.jpg 792 × 1,005; 408 KB
- David Shearer at Maritime Union of New Zealand Conference.jpg 2,657 × 1,853; 1,006 KB
- David Shearer save our port speech.jpg 4,842 × 3,228; 2.54 MB
- David Shearer signature.jpg 129 × 48; 3 KB
- David Shearer votechat.jpg 4,320 × 3,240; 5.34 MB
- David Shearer, 2012.jpg 1,356 × 1,413; 1.07 MB
- David Shearer.jpg 210 × 255; 17 KB
- DavidShearer3.JPG 1,452 × 1,094; 793 KB
- Megan Woods 857.JPG 4,000 × 3,000; 4.35 MB