Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Date of birth||1705|
Saguramo (Kingdom of Kartli)
|Date of death||21 July 1792 (in Julian calendar)|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
English: Prince Davit Guramishvili (1705–1792) was a Georgian poet who authored the finest pieces of pre-Romantic Georgian literature. His poetic talents thrived far from his motherland, being forced by personal misfortunes and turmoil in Georgia to spend several years in the Russian military service until his retirement to his small Ukrainian estate at Myrhorod where he made eighty-seven years of his tragic and turbulent life into one cycle of autobiographical poetry, the Davitiani, which he sent to Georgia through a Georgian embassy returning from the Russian empire in 1787.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Davit Guramishvili"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- David Guramishvili.jpg 191 × 184; 32 KB
- David Guramishvili.png 191 × 184; 95 KB
- Davit Guramishvili (1).jpg 160 × 240; 42 KB
- Davit Guramishvili (2).jpg 160 × 290; 52 KB
- Guramishvili 2 hryvni.jpg 401 × 200; 33 KB
- Guramishvili Ukraine 2 hryvni.jpg 200 × 200; 33 KB
- Stamps of Georgia, 2007-03.jpg 457 × 357; 143 KB