Category:Derwent (ship, 1884)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Type: Fully rigged ship
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: A. MacMillan & Son Ltd., Dumbarton
- Yard No: 258
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 20.10.1884
- Date of completion: 1884
- Length over all: 83.8 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 12.3 m
- Draught: 7.1 m
- GRT: 1970
- NET: 1890
- Sail area: Rigged with royal sails over double topgallant sails.
- Main engine: Equipped with a steam donkey engine.
- Speed: kn
- Official British Reg. No. 89640
- 1884 Named: DERWENT for Devitt & Moore, London. Flag: United Kingdom
- 05.1897 Collided with a French trawler in the Channel and had to put into Plymouth for repairs.
- 1905 Sold to Chr. Nielsen & Co., Larvik, Norway.
- 1916 Sold to Wegger & Øhre, Sandefjord.
- 1917 Severely damaged but repared.
- 1920 Sold to Olaf Chr. Olsen, Arendal.
- 1922 Sold to Carl Olsen, Arendal.
- 1925 Sold to American owners for $ 10.250 Converted to a tow barge for coastal use.
- 1949 Broken up.