Category:Detroit Institute of Arts
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The DIA−Detroit Institute of Arts — a renowned 'encyclopedic' art museum on Woodward Avenue, in Midtown Detroit, Michigan.
- The original 1927 marble Beaux-Arts Italian Renaissance Revival style building was designed by Paul Philippe Cret.
- The museum complex is a contributing property to the National Register of Historic Places listed Cultural Center Historic District. The Detroit Industry Murals, 27 frescos painted by Diego Rivera in the museum, are a National Historic Landmark.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- Collections of the Detroit Institute of Arts (16 C, 92 F)
Pages in category "Detroit Institute of Arts"
The following 3 pages are in this category, out of 3 total.
Media in category "Detroit Institute of Arts"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Art student.jpg 600 × 336; 38 KB
- Cole Thomas American Lake Scene 1844.jpg 1,000 × 746; 177 KB
- Diego Rivera Mural Sign.jpg 400 × 507; 54 KB
- Marta e Maria Maddalena (dettaglio) - Caravaggio.jpg 2,759 × 3,679; 5.22 MB
- Samuel Sachs II.jpg 634 × 900; 36 KB
- Untitled, 1987 Torso Series.jpg 580 × 758; 67 KB