- Included species (for Kew Gardens 'World Checklist' & NCBI, ):
- D. bicolor, D. butcheriana, D. flavida, D. grandiflora, D. iridioides, D. robinsoniana
- Included species (for The Plant List, ):
- D. bicolor, D. butcheriana, D. flavida, D. grandiflora, D. iridifolia, D. iridioides, D. robinsoniana
- Note: only species listed as 'Accepted'
There are six species of Dietes - five of which occur in South Africa - and one on an island in the Tasman Sea (between New Zealand and Australia).
Dietes were once called Moraea (a closely related group), but were separated because Dietes have a rhizome, whereas Moraea have a true corm.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.