Category:Dominion Building (Halifax)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Logo du Répertoire canadien des lieux patrimoniaux.svg
English: The Nova Scotia Legislature voted in 1863 to construct a building to house the Post Office, Customs House and Railway Department. Designed by David Stirling, the Dominion Building was completed in 1868. Upon Confederation, the post, customs and railways became federal responsibilities, and the new federal government purchased the building from the province in 1871. Over the years, the building served as a post office, and offices for the Bank of Canada and later the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Part of the Art Gallery of Nova Scotia now occupies the building.

Not to be confused with the 1936 Dominion Public Building in Halifax.

Media in category "Dominion Building (Halifax)"

The following 4 files are in this category, out of 4 total.