Category:Dorset County Museum
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Dorset County Museum is located in Dorchester, Dorset, England. Founded in 1846, the museum covers the county of Dorset's history and environment. The current building was built in 1881 on the former site of the George Inn. The museum includes information and over 2 million artifacts associated with archaeology, geology , history, local writers, and natural science. The collections include fossilised dinosaur footprints, Roman mosaics and original Thomas Hardy manuscripts.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Langton Matravers Hoard (2 F)
Media in category "Dorset County Museum"
The following 16 files are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Dorchester - geograph....
- Dorset County Museum -...
- Dorset County Museum,...
- Fordington Mosaic - Do...
- Fordington Mosaic deta...
- Newton Peveril jadeite...
- Olga Road Mosaic - Dor...
- Portesham mirror.JPG
- The Dorset Ooser - mod...
- Thickthorn Down bell-b...