Category:Duntroon (ship, 1935)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Swan, Hunter & Wigham Richardson, Wallsend-on-Tyne
- Yard No: 1460
- Keel laid:
- Launch date:
- Date of completion: 1935
- Length over all: 143.9 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 19.9 m
- Draught: m
- GRT: 10,346
- Main engine:
- Speed: 19 kn
- 1935 Named: DUNTROON for Melbourne SS Co, Melbourne and used on Australian coastal services. Flag: Australia
- 20.11.1940 Collided with and sank the minesweeper GOORANGAI with the loss of her entire crew of 24.
- 1942 Requisitioned as troopship.
- 1950 Returned to owners
- 1960 Sold to Grosvenor Shipping Co, Hong Kong and resold to Kie Hock Shipping Co, Hong Kong.
- 1961 Renamed: TONG HOO and used on Hong Kong - Indonesia passenger service.
- 1966 Sold to Africa Shipping Co. Renamed: LYDIA and used for India / Pakistan - East Africa route.
- 1967 Laid up at Singapore
- 1973 Last voyage Yokosuka to Kaohsiung, Taiwan where she was scrapped.
Media in category "Duntroon (ship, 1935)"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.