English: Durkar is a small village in the southwestern suburbs of the City of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. It is bordered by the parish of Crigglestone to the southwest and Kettlethorpe to the east. It is under the local administration of Crigglestone Parish Council with authoritative powers exercised by Wakefield Metropolitan District Council. Its nearest schools are Kettlethorpe High and St James CofE Junior. There is also a pub in the village, the New Inn, which still sells original hand pulled bitters.
Media in category "Durkar"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.
- Bridleway - Denby Dale Road, Durkar - geograph.org.uk - 848628.jpg 480 × 640; 112 KB
- Cruising under the M1 motorway - geograph.org.uk - 732651.jpg 640 × 383; 67 KB
- Hollin Lane, Durkar - geograph.org.uk - 1037651.jpg 480 × 640; 61 KB
- Hollin Lane, Durkar - geograph.org.uk - 1037658.jpg 640 × 490; 60 KB
- Substation on Durkar Low Lane - geograph.org.uk - 712674.jpg 640 × 422; 83 KB
- The M1 Motorway crossing the River Calder - geograph.org.uk - 342618.jpg 640 × 480; 115 KB
- Thornes Flood Lock and the River Calder - geograph.org.uk - 342628.jpg 640 × 480; 107 KB
- Field at Crigglestone - geograph.org.uk - 194723.jpg 640 × 296; 44 KB
- Pugneys Country Park - geograph.org.uk - 5352.jpg 640 × 426; 56 KB