Category:Earls of Arundel
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The title Earl of Arundel is the oldest extant earldom and perhaps the oldest extant title in the Peerage of England. It was created in 1138 for the Norman baron Sir William d'Aubigny. Until the mid-13th century, the Earls were also frequently known as Earl of Sussex, until this title fell into disuse. At about the same time, the Earldom fell to the originally Breton FitzAlan family, a younger branch of which went on to become the Stuart family which later ruled Scotland.
|Instance of||royal or noble rank|
|Part of||peerage of England|
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Media in category "Earls of Arundel"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- ArundelTomb1.JPG 1,600 × 1,200; 243 KB
- Complete Guide to Heraldry Fig610.png 440 × 650; 30 KB
- Complete Guide to Heraldry Fig644.png 415 × 400; 36 KB
- Eleanor, Countess of Arundel.jpg 389 × 500; 66 KB
- Isabela spol.jpg 345 × 264; 36 KB
- Richard fitzAlan.jpg 346 × 349; 37 KB
- Ströhl-Rangkronen-Fig. 49.png 591 × 604; 19 KB
- Thomas Howard, 2nd Earl of Arundel and Surrey by Sir Anthony Van Dyck.jpg 2,400 × 2,783; 1.64 MB
- Wenceslas Hollar - Allegory on the death of the Earl of Arundel (State 2).jpg 2,806 × 3,860; 4.23 MB