Category:Easington, County Durham
Jump to navigation Jump to search
town in Easington Village, County Durham, UK
|Location||Easington Village, County Durham, North East England, England|
English: Easington is a town in eastern County Durham, England. It comprises the ancient village of Easington Village and the ex-mining town of Easington Colliery, both of which are separate civil parishes. It is located at the junction of the A182 leading north-west to Hetton-le-Hole. Seaham Harbour and Houghton-le-Spring, and the A19, which travels north to Sunderland and south to Middlesbrough. As a former coal mining town, Easington is now an unemployment blackspot after the mine closed in 1993. The population of Easington Village is 2,164.
Nederlands: Easington is een plaats en civil parish in de Engelse unitary authority Durham. De plaats telt 2.302 inwoners.
Norsk bokmål: Easington er en by i Durham i England. Den er administrasjonsby for og har gitt navn til distriktet Easington.
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► History of Easington, County Durham (1 C)
- ► People of Easington, County Durham (2 C)
Media in category "Easington, County Durham"
The following 13 files are in this category, out of 13 total.
- Easington Board Office. built 1902.jpg 640 × 475; 75 KB
- Geese on guard - geograph.org.uk - 586351.jpg 640 × 480; 164 KB
- Half moon Pub (10203455523).jpg 912 × 684; 74 KB
- Looking down at the village green.jpg 640 × 480; 86 KB
- Seaton Holme, Easington - geograph.org.uk - 1706399.jpg 3,000 × 1,438; 1,002 KB
- Seaton Holme.jpg 640 × 480; 90 KB
- The Masons Arms, Rosemary Lane, Easington - geograph.org.uk - 1707034.jpg 1,024 × 769; 213 KB
- Village green, Easington.jpg 640 × 480; 73 KB
- Farmland view - geograph.org.uk - 476180.jpg 640 × 480; 118 KB
- Nature reclaims the old road. - geograph.org.uk - 475764.jpg 640 × 480; 110 KB
- Stile below A19 - geograph.org.uk - 320142.jpg 640 × 480; 114 KB
- The footpath rises over Andrew's Hill - geograph.org.uk - 475768.jpg 640 × 480; 69 KB
- View from Andrew's Hill - geograph.org.uk - 475762.jpg 640 × 480; 107 KB