Category:Eleanor Margaret (ship, 1860)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The Eleanor Margaret was a iron four-masted barque, build 1860 as the steamship Mooltan by Thames Iron Ship Building Co, Blackwall, London for the Peninsular and Oriental Steam Navigation Company (P&O). Re-built 1878 (or 1884?) in Liverpool as a four-masted barque for J. Pedley, Greenock and renamed Eleanor Margaret. 1888 sold to J.D. Bischoff, Bremen. Foundered on voyage from Newcastle-on-Tyne to Valparaiso in 1891 June 16.
Her dimensions were: length × beam × depth = 348.6 × 39.1 × 28.3 ft (106.3 × 11.9 × 8.6 m) and she had a tonnage of 2465 GRT and 2327 NRT. Rigged with royal sails over double top and single topgallant sails. [1][2][3]


Media in category "Eleanor Margaret (ship, 1860)"

This category contains only the following file.