Category:Elephant statue at the Old Parliament House, Singapore

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
The elephant statue in front of the Old Parliament House, Singapore (now known as the Arts House at the Old Parliament) was a gift from King Rama V of Siam, better known as Chulalongkorn, to commemorate his visit to Singapore on 16 March 1871. The statue sits on a pedestal with plaques in four languages. The English plaque reads:

His Majesty
Somdech Phra
Paramindr Maha
Chulalongkorn,
the
Supreme King of Siam,
landed at Singapore,
the first foreign land
visited by a
Siamese monarch,
on the
16th March, 1871.

Media in category "Elephant statue at the Old Parliament House, Singapore"

The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.