Historic house museum
|Instance of||historic house museum|
|Location||Royal Borough of Greenwich, Greater London, London, England|
The original palace was given to Edward II in 1305 by the Bishop of Durham and used as a royal residence from the 14th to the 16th century. In 1933, Stephen Courtauld and his wife Virginia acquired the lease of the palace site and restored the Great Hall while building an elaborate home, internally in the Art Deco style. The dramatic Entrance Hall was created by the Swedish designer Rolf Engströmer. The Courtaulds also substantially modified and improved the grounds and gardens.
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Eltham Palace"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Henry receiving a tribute from Erasmus.jpg 360 × 360; 23 KB
- 2015 London-Woolwich, interior Town Hall 25.jpg 1,800 × 2,400; 1.76 MB
- Eltham Palace tunnel-8225222462.jpg 3,154 × 4,366; 3.46 MB
- Hardiman St George Eltham Palace 1930.jpg 830 × 1,561; 439 KB
- Pages from Charles Knight's 'Old England- A Pictorial Museum' RMG PY6172-001.tiff 3,684 × 4,666; 49.18 MB