Category:Empire Tide (ship, 1941)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
- Ship Type: Cargo ship
- Built by: Lithgows Ltd., Kingston Shipbuilding Yard, Port Glasgow
- Yard No: 945
- Launched: 27 May 1941
- Commpleted: Oct 1941
- Length: 432.7 feet
- Breadth: 56.2 feet
- Draught: 34.3 feet
- Displacement: 6,978 tons
- 4,147 nrt.
- 9,570 dwt.
- Machinery: Oil engine
- Engines by J.G. Kincaid & Co. Ltd. Greenock
- Propulsion: 6-cyl. 4SCSA oil engine 490nhp
- Armament: 1 Hawker Hurricane aircraft
- 1941 Named: Empire Tide for Ministry of War Transport. Operated by the Royal Mail Line.
- 1943 (mng Sir R Ropner & Co Ltd, W Hartlepool)
- 1945 Sold to Ropner Shipping Co Ltd, W Hartlepool Renamed: Thirlby
- 1956 Sold to Transportes Maritimos Atlas SA (Wheelock Marden & Co Ltd, Hong Kong), Panama Renamed: Guri
- 1963 Panamanian Oriental Steam Ship Corp, Panama (same mngrs) Renamed: Anto
- 1963 (mng World-Wide Shipping Agency Ltd, Hong Kong)
- 1966 Apollo Shipping Co SA, Panama (same mngrs)
- 19/11/1966 Arrived for Scrapping -
- 1966 Scrapped at Ikeda,Japan.
Media in category "Empire Tide (ship, 1941)"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.