Category:Enzymes by function
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Enzymes appear in this category according to the EC number classification:
- EC 1 Oxidoreductases: catalyze oxidation/reduction reactions.
- EC 2 Transferases: transfer a functional group (e.g. a methyl or phosphate group).
- EC 3 Hydrolases: catalyze the hydrolysis of various bonds.
- EC 4 Lyases: cleave various bonds by means other than hydrolysis and oxidation.
- EC 5 Isomerases: catalyze isomerization changes within a single molecule.
- EC 6 Ligases: join two molecules with covalent bonds.
class of biological molecules with catalytic activity
|Instance of||group or class of proteins|
|Part of||Enzyme-linked receptor,|
enzymatic reaction (catalyst)