Jump to navigation Jump to search
urban area of Kerala, India
|Instance of||urban area|
|Location||Ernakulam district, Kerala, India|
|Elevation above sea level|
English: Ernakulam Malayalam: എറണാകുളം, Eṟṇākulaṁ) refers to the eastern part of the mainland of Kochi city in Kerala, India. Ernakulam is the most urban part of Kochi and has lent its name to the Ernakulam district. The Office of the Corporation of Cochin, and the Kerala High Court are situated here. The name 'Ernakulam' is derived from the name of a very famous temple of Lord Shiva called the Ernakulathappan Temple. It is also said that the word Ernakulam was drawn from Malayalam words 'Ere naal Kulam', which mean 'Pond for a long time'. Ernakulam is the commercial capital of the state of Kerala.
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Ernakulam"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Ernakulam"
The following 12 files are in this category, out of 12 total.
- Administrative Block EMC.jpg 6,000 × 4,000; 14.61 MB
- Dharmasastha perumpavoor 01.jpg 3,120 × 4,160; 4.16 MB
- Ernakulam regional public health laboratory building, Ernakulam, Kerala, India.jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 4.07 MB
- Ernakulam regional public health laboratory, Ernakulam, Kerala, India.jpg 4,608 × 3,456; 4.91 MB
- Ernakulam.ogg 1.3 s; 21 KB
- Forest Near Old Railway Station Ernakulam 03.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 3.38 MB
- Old Railway Station Ernakulam 01.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 2.35 MB
- Old Railway Station Ernakulam 02.jpg 2,560 × 1,920; 3.46 MB
- Rajagiri Engineering College - Ernakulam.jpg 4,160 × 2,340; 2.78 MB
- Santa Cruz Cathedral 04.jpg 3,264 × 2,448; 1.67 MB
- Steak at hotel.jpg 4,032 × 3,024; 2.24 MB
- Subhash Bose Park IMG 20180916 135617.jpg 4,032 × 3,024; 6.88 MB