Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Ernakulam district (Malayalam: എറണാകുളം ജില്ല, Eṟṇākulaṁ) is a district of the state of Kerala in southern India. The district headquarters is located at Kakkanad, includes the important seaport of Kochi, and Ernakulam (city) is the most urban part of Kochi and has lent its name to the district. The district can be divided geographically into highland, midland and coastal area. The borders of the district are the Arabian Sea in the west, Thrissur district in the north, Idukki in the east, and Alappuzha and Kottayam districts in the south. The Periyar River, Kerala's second longest, flows through all the taluks except Muvattupuzha.
district of Kerala, India
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- Culture of Ernakulam district (4 C, 13 F)
- Education in Ernakulam district (4 C, 1 F)
- Geography of Ernakulam district (26 C, 67 F)
- Nature of Ernakulam district (15 C, 16 F)
- People of Ernakulam district (28 C, 28 F)
- Structures in Ernakulam district (10 C, 15 F)
- Transport in Ernakulam district (9 C, 13 F)
- Kingdom of Cochin (12 C)
- Wonderla Amusement Park Kochi (50 F)