mathematical group based upon a finite number of elements
|Subclass of||finitely generated group,|
locally finite group,
In abstract algebra, a finite group is a mathematical group with a finite number of elements. A group is a set of elements together with an operation which associates, to each ordered pair of elements, an element of the set. With a finite group, the set is finite.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- Sporadic groups (1 C, 1 F)
Media in category "Finite groups"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Cayley graph of the dihedral group of order 16.svg 385 × 385; 12 KB
- Cayley graph of the modular maximal-cyclic group of order 16.svg 385 × 385; 12 KB
- Cayley graph of the quasidihedral group of order 16.svg 385 × 385; 12 KB
- Classification of the finite simple groups.png 2,100 × 2,100; 3.03 MB
- Hierarchy of finite groups.svg 412 × 285; 51 KB