Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Fireplace mantel or mantelpiece, also known as a chimneypiece, originated in medieval times as a hood that projected over a grate to catch the smoke. The term has evolved to include the decorative framework around the fireplace, and can include elaborate designs extending to the ceiling.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
- ► Fireplace mantels in Canada (3 F)
- ► Fireplace mantels in France (10 F)
- ► Fireplace mantels in Italy (4 F)
- ► Fireplace mantels in the Netherlands (474 F)
- ► Fireplace mantels in Poland (30 F)