Category:First Church of Christ, Scientist (Manhattan)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The First Church of Christ, Scientist — at 1 West 96th Street on the corner of Central Park West, in Manhattan, New York City. Originally built as the First Church of Christ, Scientist, it was reopened in 2001 by the Ever Increasing Faith Ministry, based in Los Angeles. In 2003, the original congregation, which had moved to the Second Church of Christ, sold the building to the ministry. In 2018, the Children's Museum of Manhattan acquired the building. The building was designed by Carrere & Hastings in the style of Nicholas Hawksmoor (a combination of English Baroque and French Beaux-Arts detailing), and was built in 1899-1903, and features stained-glass windows by John La Farge. It was designated a NYC landmark in 1974. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.), AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.), From Abyssinian to Zion (2004))} In 2018, the Children's Museum of Manhattan acquired the building.
church building in California, United States of America
|Instance of||church building|
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "First Church of Christ, Scientist (Manhattan)"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Children's Museum of Manhattan.jpg 1,524 × 2,131; 383 KB
- Crenshaw Christian Center East 5.jpg 2,736 × 3,478; 2.14 MB
- Crenshaw Christian Center East entrance.jpg 1,563 × 2,171; 724 KB
- Crenshaw Christian Center East from below.jpg 1,709 × 2,125; 770 KB
- Crenshaw Christian Center East from north.jpg 1,183 × 2,155; 553 KB
- Crenshaw Christian Center East side door.jpg 1,188 × 1,530; 451 KB
- Crenshaw Christian Center East street facade.jpg 1,728 × 2,304; 938 KB
- First Church of Christ Scientist, New York City LCCN98501230.jpg 3,285 × 4,096; 1.95 MB
- Manhattan V. 7, Plate No. 39 (Map bounded by Columbus Ave., W. 99th St., Central Park West, W. 96th St.) NYPL1990647.tiff 5,326 × 7,052, 2 pages; 107.52 MB