Category:First Transcontinental Railroad
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The First Transcontinental Railroad — built across the North American continent in the central and Western United States — between 1863 and 1869.
- The railroad line was constructed by the Central Pacific Railroad (from Northern California eastward); and the Union Pacific Railroad (from an existing Nebraskan terminus westward.)
- The First Transcontinental Railroad connected the East Coast directly with California, and Pacific Coast shipping at San Francisco Bay.
- A designated National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
- ► Ames Monument (9 F)
- ► Kansas Pacific Railway (3 C, 4 F)
- ► Thousand Mile tree (16 F)
- ► Union Pacific no. 119 (1 C, 17 F)
Pages in category "First Transcontinental Railroad"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "First Transcontinental Railroad"
The following 42 files are in this category, out of 42 total.