Category:Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church Complex
The Flatbush Reformed Protestant Dutch Church is a historic Dutch Reformed church, now a member of the Reformed Church in America, at 890 Flatbush Avenue in the Flatbush neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. The church complex consists of the church, church house, parsonage, and cemetery.
The congregation was founded in 1654. The stone (Manhattan schist) Federal style church building designed by Thomas Fardon was constructed in 1793-98 and features a stone tower with stone belfry. The stained glass windows are by Tiffany Studios. The 1853 parsonage is a wood-frame house designed in a vernacular style transitional between the Greek Revival and Italianate styles. It was moved to its present site at 2101-03 Kenmore Terrace in 1918. The church house is red brick and limestone building designed by Meyers & Mathieu in the Colonial Revival style and erected in 1923-24. The earliest legible grave marker in the cemetery dates to 1754.
Media in category "Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church Complex"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- 1024x768-dsc04121.jpg 1,024 × 768; 123 KB
- Flatbush DRC PM winter jeh.jpg 2,370 × 3,494; 1.19 MB
- Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church Church House from front.jpg 3,047 × 2,188; 1.83 MB
- Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church Church House from side.jpg 3,264 × 1,869; 2 MB
- Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church from north.jpg 1,652 × 2,729; 556 KB
- Flatbush Reformed Dutch Church Parsonage.jpg 3,048 × 1,955; 1.68 MB
- RPDC Flatbush cem jeh.JPG 2,624 × 1,944; 1.05 MB
- RPDC Flatbush jeh.JPG 1,815 × 2,823; 989 KB
- RPDC Flatbush w-Graveyard jeh.JPG 2,416 × 2,188; 996 KB