A fogbow (or cloudbow) is similar to a rainbow, but is produced by very small droplets in fog or cloud, which diffract light, instead of large raindrops which do not. Like the rainbow, it is visible in the opposite direction to the sun, spanning an angle of about 40° (depending on droplet size distribution) from the antisolar point, but it is only weakly (or not at all) colored, because diffraction produces largely overlapping arcs for each color.
Media in category "Fogbow"
The following 32 files are in this category, out of 32 total.
- 360 degrees fogbow.jpg 3.29 MB
- Fog Bow (19440644248).jpg 11.57 MB
- Fog Bow (19440790708).jpg 15.79 MB
- Fog bow and fog shadow.jpg 1.27 MB
- Fog bow CYCB.JPG 4.6 MB
- Fogbow spectre at the bay.jpg 1.68 MB
- Fogbow with 17 mm lens.jpg 2.78 MB
- Fogbowspectre.jpg 181 KB
- FogbowTractorRoad.JPG 2.13 MB
- Nebelbogen.jpg 27 KB
- Roadfogbow.jpg 241 KB
- Rottnest - Thomson Bay rainbow.jpg 14.58 MB
- Solar glory.jpg 1.54 MB