Category:Ford, Argyll and Bute
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Ford is a small Scottish village at the southern end of Loch Awe, Argyll. The village grew from just a stopping point on the drove route to Inveraray, until it eventually gained a church, school, blacksmiths and a village shop. The Ford Hotel dates back to 1864 and was probably erected on the site of the old change house; today it is a guest house with the name Ford House and is a listed building. Over time the school and the blacksmiths closed, the village shop closed in 2003. Another notable business in the village is the smokery owned by Murray Smoked Products: the building burnt down on Christmas Eve 2008 and is currently being rebuilt.
Media in category "Ford, Argyll and Bute"
The following 50 files are in this category, out of 50 total.