Category:Former New York Life Insurance Company Building
The former New York Life Insurance Company Building at 346 Broadway (also known as 108 Leonard Street) between Leonard Street and Catherine Lane in the Tribeca neighborhood of Manhattan, New York City was built in 1894-99 in the Italian Renaissance Revival style. Architect Stephen Decatur Hatch was commissioned in 1894 to extend to the east the building that existed on the site. Hatch died before the project could be completed, and it was taken over by McKim, Mead & White, who executed Hatch's design. During the construction of the extension, the company decided to replace the original building entirely, and the new building was designed by Stanford White of McKim, Mead & White, integrating Hatch's design. NY Life left the building in 1928, and it has housed NYC municipal offices since 1967. The building and its interior were designated NYC landmarks in 1995. (Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and AIA Guide to NYC (4th ed.))
Media in category "Former New York Life Insurance Company Building"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Clock Tower Building.jpg 82 KB