Category:Friary of Saint John the Baptist, Trim
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Friary was founded in the 13th century by the then Bishop of Meath Simon De Rochfort for the Augustinian order of Monks known as the Fratres Cruciferi or Crutched Monks. This order specialised in the running of Hospitals. The Friary was dissolved in 1539. The buildings were used for a time as a private residence and later as a Hospital in the 18th Century until eventually they finally fell into ruin.
Media in category "Friary of Saint John the Baptist, Trim"
The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.
- Boyne view balloon.jpg 3,584 × 1,784; 1.56 MB
- Medieval hospital at Newtown Trim - geograph.org.uk - 942583.jpg 640 × 480; 61 KB