Category:Friedrich Engels (ship, 1964)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The paddel motor ship Friedrich Engels was built 1963 by ‚VEB Schiffswerft Roßlau‘ with register-number P-247. It‘s one of a monotype with four ships (see also Wilhelm Pieck (ship, 1963)). She was 69.91 meter in length, 7.80 (13.30) meter in breadth, and 1.35 meter depth. The machine was a Diesel-Electric Drive with 320 hp. The ship was oun approved for 1012 guests and traveled in the Upper Elbe near Dresden. In 1991 the ship was renamed in J.F.Böttger. The ship is now a youth hostel.[1]
Deutsch: Seitenrad-Passagierschiff "Friedrich Engels" der Weißen Flotte Dresden, Baujahr 1963 in der VEB Schiffswerft Roßlau, 1991 umbenannt in "J.F.Böttger", 1992 außer Dienst, seit 1999 CVJM-Jugendschiff am Neustädter Hafen in Dresden