Category:Friedrich Franz I, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
Frederick Francis I, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (10 December 1756 - 1 February 1837) ruled over the German state of Mecklenburg-Schwerin, first as Duke (1785-1815) and then as Grand Duke (1815-1837).
Marriage and children
Friedrich Franz married en:Princess Luise of Saxe-Gotha (1756-1808). They had six children:
- en:Friedrich Ludwig, Hereditary Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (13 June 1778 - 29 November 1819). He married Grand Duchess Elena Pavlovna of Russia, a daughter of Paul I of Russia and Maria Feodorovna (Sophie Dorothea of Württemberg). They were parents of Paul Friedrich, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
- en:Louise Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Schwerin (19 November 1779 - 4 January 1801). Married en:Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg. They were parents to en:Louise of Saxe-Gotha-Altenburg, mother of Prince Albert of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha. Friedrich Franz thus is one of the ancestors of Queen Elizabeth II and the British Royal Family.
- Gustav Wilhelm (31 January 1781 - 10 January 1851).
- Karl (2 July 1782 - 22 May 1833).
- Charlotte (4 December 1784 - 13 July 1840). Married Christian VIII of Denmark. They were parents to Frederick VII of Denmark.
- Adolf (18 December 1785 - 8 May 1821).
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Media in category "Friedrich Franz I, Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin"
The following 19 files are in this category, out of 19 total.