Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: A funicular is a cable railway in which a cable attached to a pair of tram-like vehicles on rails moves them up and down a steep slope, the ascending and descending vehicles counterbalancing each other. Synonyms: funicular railway, incline, inclined railway, inclined plane, cliff railway.
cable railway in which a cable moves permanently attached rail cars up and down a slope
|Subclass of||steep grade railway,|
This category has the following 19 subcategories, out of 19 total.
- ► Freight funiculars (3 C, 1 F)
- ► Funicular bridges (4 C, 20 F)
- ► Funicular cars (9 C, 39 F)
- ► Funicular control rooms (1 F)
- ► Funicular engine rooms (5 C, 6 F)
- ► Funicular signs (8 F)
- ► Funicular snow sledge ropeways (4 F)
- ► Funicular stations (9 C, 17 F)
- ► Funicular tickets (1 C, 7 F)
- ► Funicular timetables (3 F)
- ► Funicular turnouts (2 C, 20 F)
- ► Water-powered funicular railways (10 C)
Pages in category "Funiculars"
This category contains only the following page.